Wednesday, May 31, 2006

BUSY WEEK!

Where have I been? Well, on the softball field and in the kitchen and that's about it! Zoe's team went into the end of the season tournament undefeated! They are a little bit big headed at this point, I must say, but I am glad that she got onto a great team for her first year of softball. I'm sure she'll want to play again next year. They won the first tourney game last night, the next one's tomorrow, and if they continue on from there we'll be spending most of Saturday playing games also.

In the Kitchen???
Yes, more than the usual. Yesterday morning Max reminded me that it was his "snack day" at school. I'm so thankful that he is such a sharp cookie (no pun intended) and so on the ball about things so that he can help remind me. Needless to say, I was already baking our annual "hand cookies" for Jeff's seniors so I baked an extra batch of chocolate chips for him too. And then later, after all the baking, and the game, and a late dinner, I relaxed by sitting down to scrap this page. 11 years of these exact same cookies and this is the first time I've ever even taken a picture. That's one for the book!




Well I'm off
to an interview as soon as Jeff gets here to relieve me of the kids. I'm meeting with the superintendent to turn in my application for "Emergency Teacher Substitute", and "Para-Pro Substitute". I also have already been hired (love that word, I haven't been "hired" in 10 years!) for a very small position at the high school next year. I'll be working with the seniors and their culminating projects which is a new graduation requirement. I think I may have already talked about that, but in case you missed it before.... Anyway, I have to get changed into something nice and get out the door. The kids are all playing so nicely and very excited that Jeff is coming to play with them. I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Amy! I'm sure you did a great job!! WTG on the high school job already!

Lisa