I'VE BEEN BUSY!!
I've got five new frills packs all ready to put in the store on February 1st, but if you want a great deal now you can pick up all five embellishment packs at my store at Scrapbookbytes for only $3.
Layout Done, COUSINS
I actually got four done this week, but you'll have to wait for the SBB newsletter and the March ezine to see those. I was lucky enough to get to scrap with some of Serena Thomas' beautiful designs. Here's a layout I did using her "Candy" and "Fruit Salad" kits!
And don't forget to stop by Scrapbookbytes next weekend. We're celebrating SBB's 5th Birthday with all kinds of chats and challenges, and a FANTASTIC COLLAB KIT, which will be avaiable Free with a purchase to the store. This kit is Gorgeous! I'll post previews here as soon as they get put together.
WHAT WE DO FOR FUN...
Jeff took the kids up to Conconully for their annual "Outhouse Races" yesterday while I read chapters and wrote a paper. They had a great time. Jeff said he was amazed how fast some of the man-made boxes flew down the road on their skis. There were a few crashes, and in the final heat the racers had to wear buckets on their heads. I'll tell ya....the things we do for fun around here... They had a lot of activities for the kids as well. Zoe was on the winning team of a tug-o-war, and Max got to search for quarters that were frozen into ice cubes and burried in a snow bank. What fun!


SNOWBALL FIGHT!
After building that snow wall last weekend, Zoe, of course, had to build one of her own on the other side of the yard. Now we have the perfect two team arena set up with a wall of protection for each side. Last Sunday Julia and I went out for an evening walk and when we got home her girls Siobhan and Aidan, and Zoe had quite a war going on with Dylan and Max. Then Jeff got home from the ski hill and joined the boy team. Eventually the girls ended up surrendering. A great horned owl sat above us in our birch tree watching the whole battle. I need to remember that my new camera DOES take decent pictures at night and try to snap one of the owls next time we see them. As soon as I grabbed the camera this night, he flew away (of course), but I did get a couple good ones of the kids.
JEFF'S BDAY
We had a fun celebration last Saturday night. Jeff loved his leather jacket and remote control helicopter. It has a rechargable battery, but it only holds a charge for about 15 minutes, so every few hours Jeff has been flying it around the house. He is getting pretty good at manuevering it around, but the dogs and cat really don't know what to make of it.
JANUARY WINTER WALK
I always enjoy the nice sunny days in the winter. They are few and far between, so you really have to take advantage of them when you get them. Julia and I went for a beautiful (and chilly) walk up Salmon Creek today. Here are some photos I took.













2 comments:
Beautiful photos from your walk - boy you have a lot of snow. hee hee. I think my dh has that same helicopter, but he said it is quite hard to fly (and he flew the real things in the Navy! LOL)
Love your snow pics, and those snowy activities (outhouse races and frozen quarters) sound fun. :)
chilali
Post a Comment