Sunday, February 24, 2008

a Little HINT of Spring and a Tagging!!

Man, I got tagged again! This time from Angela! Thank you dear! I'm such a party pooper though. Just like last time, if you want to pass it on, help yourself. OK, let's see here...

10 Years Ago:
We were thinking about looking for our first house (and bought this one a few months later), I was working for the newspaper designing advertisements, and I was chasing around a very active two and a half year old.


Things on my to-do list today:
Update my Observation Journal, work on my Professional Growth Plan, complete a weekly summary (all class assignments), update my blog (LOL), clean the house (again), prepare for a meeting with the Culminating Project advisors tomorrow morning, take Max and his buddy to see The Spiderwick Chronicles, and make Eggs Benedict for dinner.


What I would do if I were suddenly made a billionaire:
Take a vacation (somewhere sunny and warm that has wireless internet, LOL), buy a bigger (and newer) house with land, and pay off all my student loans.


3 of my bad habits:
Staying up too late, snacking too much, and ignoring laundry (especially socks).


3 places I have lived:
Walla Walla, Cheney, and here (Wow, and thats it! Exactly three)



5 jobs that I have had:
Dairy Queen, Grocery Store Deli worker (yuk, the worst job I ever had), Vinyl Stripper for a decal shop, Cocktail Waitress (great tips!), and Production Assistant at the local newspaper.


5 Things people don't know about me:
(Well, I told you two in the last tag) I love spicy food and scary movies. I also was married in a brown courderoy dress, I have a tatoo, and I may be related to Abraham Lincoln (see more below)

That wasn't so bad.

LAST WEEKEND


We had a great time visiting family in Walla Walla last weekend. It's always nice to escape away to the warmer valley in February. It was warmer, however, not as warm as some years. The kids had fun with their cousins playing on the patio with chalk Saturday afternoon while the sun was still out. It was nice to see my cute little nieces. They make the best photo subjects too because they are instant posers!






We try to make the trip every year to celebrate my grandma's birthday. We lost grandma a few years back, however, the family still gathers to celebrate her life and enjoy each other's company. This year cousin Teena hosted once again, with over 40 people over for a potluck dinner and karaoke in the garage. Max, having recently been learning about the presidents in school, was extremely interested in meeting some of the "Licoln" family members. My great Auntie Pug (below with Zoe) actually has researched the genealogy back to Abe himself. I'd love to get more into that some day and see it for myself. Max asked if he would get to meet any "real Lincolns" on our trip. Auntie Pug doesn't count, of course, because she has been married and changed her last name. Well...lucky for us, Max's great, great Uncle Bobby made a visit. Here they are together. I think I see a resemblance,what do you think?





ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE WEEKENDS!

Yep, Jeff has been on the hill all day (and all day yesterday too). I have to tell you, I'm more than ready for ski season to end. The fact that he has to "work" every other weekend (which leaves both kids, and all the household chores, shopping, cleaning, entertaining) up to me and only me is getting a little old. Meanwhile, he's skiing the glorious hill up above the clouds in the sunshine and having BBQ potlucks with the other Ski Patrollers. Ah, the life. Must be rough (do you sense the tension yet?) Yep, I feel like this about noonish every other Sunday as I look around at all the chores I still have left to do.

We did go to a fun play last night. The high school drama club put on a show called "Murder me Always." It was a Murder Mystery complete with dinner, dessert, and audience voting. Very cute, and quite a hoot! Zoe and her friend Marissa are going to the "Dessert Luncheon" version this afternoon. I think I'll take Max and his friend to the Spiderwick movie. I'm avoiding a long list of homework that must be completed by tomorrow, but I figure once Jeff gets home I can escape off to the bedroom and lock the door for a few hours.


Layouts Posted


Now that the February SBB Newsletter has been released, I can share the Featured Products layouts that I did. You can see credits all in my gallery HERE.








Have a great week everyone.

P.S. I am working on a fun new kit. I got a little playing time in on Friday evening! Oh, it feels good to make something. Here is a sneak peek. I'm thinking this one needs some "twiggy" elements and a dark wooden alpha before it will be complete.


2 comments:

Joy said...

Thank you for coming by and saying hi.

You are such a busy girl... it is a good thing you are so young. I love all your photos and layouts.

I cant wait to see your new kit.. love the colors.

rest when you can... Joy

Angela said...

Love the sneak peek of the new kit Amy. Very yummy!!!

And i almost spat my coffee on my keyboard when i read 'Vinyl Stripper'. Lucky i kept on reading otherwise i might not have been able to look at you the same way ever again lol.