Saturday, March 08, 2008

MOMMY and ME DAY!!!

Max and I had a Mommy and Me Day! Zoe was away in Spokane with friends visiting Grace (her friend that moved two years ago), and Jeff was soaking in the rays on the ski hill on his last weekend of duty for ski patrol (woohhooo~!), so Max and I decided to get some things done. It was 50+ degrees out, and I couldn't help but get out in the sun! Considering our entire back yard was covered in snow just a few days ago, I was thrilled to see that only two major spots are holding onto the white stuff today.





The biggest issue in our yard right now is all that icky doggie doo that has been hiding under the snow for months. I've been giving the kids their Wii points for picking up piles all week (they are earning a Wii so that mommy and daddy can play Guitar Hero), and today I took my turn. It still isn't all picked up. It's hard to keep up with two dogs, and three months off of the dreaded duty. Another problem is that the backyard is covered in mold and fungus! It is literally disgusting! Being on the dry side of the state, I'm just not used to this kind of yard problem, we've never had to deal with it before. I am blaming it on the fact that we had so much snow melting (wet conditions) and a frozen ground (no place to soak in). I caught Lily trying to gnaw on a couple mushrooms today, so I went out and picked up several shovels full and disposed of them. Max has had this irritating habitual cough for several weeks now, and after being suggested by my friend Julia, I am quite sure that he is suffering from an allergy to mold. YUK! First we need lots and lots of rain (to wash away the poop), and then we could bring on that hot sun and dry it out around here! Anytime...anytime!!!





Max was thrilled to see that his baby pine tree survived being buried under the snow for months!




...and I was reminded that I planted almost 100 daffodil bulbs this last fall! Here they come!





CAR WASH
Next we hit the drive-through at McDonald's and picked up some lunch. We knew we might have a long wait in the car wash since it was such a sunny day. I would just wash the van myself, but the last time I tried (a couple weeks ago), I couldn't reach the top of the van. A couple hours after I washed it, the dirt on top had drizzled down all over the van again soaking it in mud. I knew a good trip through the drive-in car wash would do the trick. We spent an additional hour plus at the vacuum center afterwards cleaning up all the windows and underneath the seats. AAAhhhh... what a relief to finally have a clean ride!






A LITTLE FUN...
Next we swung by home to pick up our roller skates and Lily and head to the newly melted footpath track at the sports complex! We've been waiting for this for a long time! We spotted this fellow in a tree on the river on the way to the complex.




Lily sure has some powerful little legs on her. She made it two times around the 1/2 mile track without stopping. So did I, which is even more surprising. I had to hold on to Lily most of the trek, because as you can see, she really took Max for a ride. Oh, how I love seeing the blue sky and the ground. Goodbye snow!






When Jeff got home tonight he and the kids (Zoe made it home this evening too) helped me get the house cleaned up so that we can all make it up to the ski hill tomorrow. We're all coming down with colds (Zoe was out of it most of last week), so I'm hoping we wake up feeling refreshed. I've got quite a bit of school work and reading to do, but hey....that can wait until Sunday night, right? I'll take some photos at the top of the hill. Have a great Sunday!

1 comments:

Kendal said...

I'm going to have to go check that track out, I love to rollerblade, but wasn't sure if I would find a place around here. Let me know next time you guys are going if you don't mind me tagging along and if I can find the rollerblades.