And right now, at this very moment, I am trying to put off taking down Christmas and cleaning my house. We have company coming tomorrow though, so I can't put it off too long. It's been so nice having the Christmas Break to do nothing (or in my case, to do A LOT). Jeff and the kids have been playing way too much Wii, and I've been scrapping my little heart out, trying to get caught up to make my annual slideshow. I'm almost done too.
SCRAPPING DONE
I've actually gotten 21 layouts done (WOW!), but I will only share a few of my favorites (and not the ones that will be revealed in upcoming Scrapbookbytes Newsletters, of course). To all the wonderful designers whose gorgeous designs I used, please, please forgive me for not posting credits. I was in such a crazy scrapping mood that I didn't even keep track. I can tell you that Jen Caputo, Kissed Studio, and the SweetShoppe designers are life savors. I believe I used a layered template for almost every single layout I did.
I EMPTIED THE CAMERA CARD
last night too. These were lingering on there.
Here is a window decal that I ordered a while back for our van. Looks just like us, doesn't it? Teehehe. I thought it was cute. Here's the site for creating your own.
We promised Zoe she could have a "party" with all her girlie friends staying the night during the break. Here they are (minus one who came later in the evening) having dinner together. They watched movies and stayed up late! Good times! And I'll say it once again...our house is way too small!!!!
Jeff and the kids on Christmas Eve. Jeff looks so cute in his fuzzy beard (it has a little more gray in it this time (it's been a couple years or so since his last beard).
Reindeer Food
is a tradition around here. I used to make up a big batch for the daycare kids every year, and yes, I'm still doing it. I run into the kiddos at school now that I'm working there and they ask for it every year (even the big kids). Here are my two sprinkling it on the front lawn (and the dog, right there to taste test it for the reindeer).
Cookies and Milk
Plenty of leftover cookies from the "Cookie and Beer Exchange" last weekend. Zoe decorated daddy's chalkboard cup special just for Santa.
And a sneak peak of the tree before the kids woke up (at 5;30 a.m., YIKES!) At least their stockings kept them busy until we got up at 7! Santa brought two new (and very fast looking) sleds that we are hoping to take out any day now.
and here are a handful of shots of the gift opening! Thank you friends and family who sent gifts! The kids had a great year in that department! Even Henry the cat and the dogs got gifts. The kids each got a "science kit" to share with their furry friends. Henry has been in and out of that box a dozen times (it smells like cat nip), and Max has been making him toys and studying his behavior. Max even taught him how to jump through a hoop!
OK, I think I should end this now and get to work. Every year during Christmas break I take advantage of the time and gut each of the kiddo's bedrooms. Today is the day~! Have a great weekend!























1 comments:
So exactly what is included in magic reindeer food? I want to make some for next year! Haha
Post a Comment