Sunday, January 18, 2009

MISSING THE GREAT OUTDOORS!!!

This Winter has been Horrible...
...as far as getting out and enjoying it, that is! We usually make it up to the ski hill by the end of December at the latest, and this year, it just is not happening! I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever open! While it has been nice having Jeff around every weekend (when the hill is open he is on patrol every other weekend), I am missing the blue sky and getting out above the clouds. We've all been a little stir crazy stuck inside all the time; Lily included. She continuously has a ball or a toy in her mouth and begs for attention and someone to play with.





Even the birds have been getting a lot of attention. I can't remember if I have even shared photos of our recently acquired feathered friends. Here are the little birds. I was going to name them "Marley and Mo" (because of the crested hairdos), but the more I look at them and get to know them I just see "Starsky and Hutch" LOL! They are both males, and sing their little hearts out when they are not cuddled up together in their little nest or taking a bath in the water dish. They have been so much fun!





and here's Dooley...





He's been getting better about coming out of his cage and flying around now that his trimmed wings have grown back. I ALMOST have him hand trained (meaning he actually enjoys being held). Right now his favorite thing to do is fly out and head over to the little birds. You can't see them very well, but they are hunched together in their nest wondering what in the world Dooley is doing poking around outside their cage.




COCONUT SHRIMP

I had a couple requests for the recipe. I found it on Foodnetwork.com. It's a Rachael Ray recipe that you can find HERE. I didn't have any 5 spice powder though, so I used a little ginger and chili powder instead.


BACK DOWN TO THE RIVER
Jeff wanted to check out the trails and the eagles so we returned for an family evening walk last night. More eagles to be spotted, but still not as many as that first evening. I believe they are catching on to us and heading down the river a bit. I brought the tripod along and played with my ISO settings a bit. I'm learning a little more every day.





NEXT WEEKEND....
is Scrapbookbytes' SIXTH BIRTHDAY!!! Wow, I can't believe I've been digi scrapping that long, but it is true. Scrapbookbytes was the first place to get me hooked, and I'm proud to be part of the design team there today. Make sure to stop by here or Scrapbookbytes next weekend for information about the celebration (which will be all day on Sunday). I even have a little freebie that I will be giving away for all of those who participate in my Inspiration Challenge in the forums! See you then!




Well, I am officially DONE WITH SCHOOL!!!! My masters program has been a non stop effort for over a year and a half now. On Tuesday I begin my student teaching experience, which I am ready and excited about! Wish me luck! Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

You'll do great Amy!! It helps the kids already know you from working in the room!! Let me know if you need anything...even if it's a shoulder to cry on.. someone to hear ya vent, etc. etc. :)

Hugs
Lisa

Craft Tea Lady said...

Congrats to you Amy!!!

www.xanga.com/crafttealady
www.crafttealady.etsy.com

Sondie said...

Yay!!! Congratulations on finishing up school!

Jill said...

Yay!