Sunday, May 20, 2007

CAT NIP ANYONE?????



Holy Moly, This was Long Overdue!!!

Check out the mountain of catnip that had taken over the back corner of our yard. It's never, ever been this bad. I don't know if it's the fact that we cut our big birch tree down and now our yard gets so much more light, or the fact that I let all the wild nip go to seed last fall. Probably a combo of the two. You couldn't even see the birdbath. So, this is what I spent most of the day doing, pulling up nip. Then I hoed, then I planted. The kids planted their seeds too. I let them pick out something every year and this year Zoe is growing Zukes and Max is growing Birdhouse Gourds. I also planed my circle of Nasturtiums that always do so well back in that corner.


BEFORE




AFTER






So that's two major spots in the yard done, five (or more) left to go! It's going to be July before I get to everything, and by then I'll have so many weeds to pull!!! UUUUGH, but I LOVE IT!!!!!!






THE TIME HAS COME.....

I'm having a "Guest CT Call". My nine trusted and true CT's are getting lonely, we could use some new faces and talent to rock our world a bit! I'm going to be taking on just a few gals for two month spots. Depending on how many apps I get, I may schedule them out for a few months. I look forward to hearing from you!




DIRTIER THAN DIRT!!!!

Is that possible? Oh my!!! Zoe was away at 6th grade camp all week long. It was incredibly quiet and peaceful around here, other than the fact that Max was bored and we couldn't keep up with him. So we went up to camp to visit the whole class, have dinner and watch their skits and songs performed on Wednesday Night for "Family Night". Zoe hid from the camera for the most part. She was sunburned and dirty and had her hair in raggedy braids (so the ticks would show), so the last thing she wanted was for me to take her picture. Max, on the other hand, was right there posing! I can't believe how much dirt he picked up! Well, I actually I can believe it, and you will too after you see these photos. They have these dirt den style tunnels to crawls through and a hollowed out log for a slide, a mud pit for wrestling and dirt EVERYWHERE. Pay very close attention to Max's behind. I'm so glad I had him wear old pants, because these went straight into the trash when we got home.




The Tunnels







The Slide








2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Amy... I love how you get your photo's so soft and dreamy...how do you do it??? They are all really gorgeous, love the forest ones...thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Girl - WOW! What a lot of work you got done on the catnip! Ok, tell me, what is the point of it? I don't know anything about it - is it for use or just look?

I e'd you. Sadly I forgot to give you any topic line. :)

TTYL!~G