Friday, September 29, 2006

WEEKEND MEMORIES and GET THIS NOW!!!

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MY FREEBIE SAMPLER, IT'S STILL AVAILABLE, JUST KEEP SCROLLING DOWN!

I know, I'm a little late getting this photo posted of my dad and the kids from last Sunday. We celebrated his Birthday a day late when they came up to visit on their vacation. Zoe baked this very rich chocolate cake (...think GIANT BROWNIE) with cream cheese frosting. It was so delicious! We had a nice BBQ dinner, Mom and Dad brought up steaks and I made our fav. appetizer (grilled peppers with gorgonzola cheese and balsamic vinegar), corn on the cob, garlic bread and scalloped potatoes! They ended up staying an extra day too which was nice. Wish they could come up more often. I'm sure that will happen soon since Dad is retiring very, very shortly (about three months).




It's a horrible tragedy
I spent Tuesday night in such depression after hearing the terrible news of a fellow scrapper of mine, Gina (Craftealady on the boards). Her oldest son was killed in a tragic skateboarding accident last weekend and with all the company here for two days I didn't even know about it until I sat down at the computer Tuesday night and saw the forums flooded with the news! Dear Gina... she is such a giving, kind, faithful person. Her son was also an organ donor and Gina herself has taken comfort in the fact that his body has given life to others already. I just can't even imagine loosing a child, and I don't want to. I get chills every single time I think about it. Gina, I send many, many hugs to you and your family and hope that this collaboration kit will bring some sort of comfort to you. Please, everyone, if you want to help Gina and her family get through this difficult time, this is a great purchase! What a deal, 6 kits from 40 designers, all designed, put together and for sale at SBB in less than a week! That's impressive ladies. Thank you Sonya for organizing the whole thing, and to others who have donated their advertising space, time, donations, etc.You'll find a few of my elements in this kit too, I just couldn't NOT be part of this!

You can find "Gina's Garden" HERE AT SBB. The entire 6 kit collection is only $20.00, but you can buy each kit individually too!




Layouts done
Here are two new ones I've done this week! You can catch all the credits at my gallery here.



0 comments: