Saturday, December 16, 2006

ANOTHER CONGRATULATIONS!!

To my Dad today!!!!
He is retiring after 41 and a half years at the same job. He is (sorry...WAS....) a pressman for a big newspaper this whole time. I knew he had started young, but my Mom really opened my eyes to that the other night when she told me that he had started that job just two weeks out of high school!!! Wow!!! I know they are going to miss him down there, he knows that operation better than anyone there! They'll probably be calling him a lot with questions I'm sure! Enjoy your new life Dad! Make it what you want, and Have Fun!!!!




I've Been Tagged
by Sondie on her blog! She wanted me to complete the "Holiday Questionnaire", but guess what? I already have. It's down a couple weeks back, right before the "Winter Dreams" release, if anyone wants to see how I answered those questions. So.... I decided to take on Sondie's other challenge and post a photo of one of my indulgences. I actually had a hard time with this one. It was a toss up between scented lotion and soap from Bath and Body or Candles, about the only two things I regularly buy for myself. But since I brought home a gorgeous new candle from the staff Christmas Party last night I thought I'd show it off. Isn't it cool! One of the teacher's at our school makes these out of limbs of trees, and when I saw it I knew I wanted it. We played one of those "steal the present" or "pick a new one from the tree" gift exchanges. Jeff was so funny with his "strategies" and we swapped the top gifts throughout the whole game, until the end when we both ended up coming home with what we wanted! Always a good time! But yes, candles are an indulgence of mine. Can you tell?








Just a cute shot of Max out in the front yard this morning. We had so much snow the other day/night! I'd say over a foot in just a few hours! It was amazing! The next day, of course, life when on as usual. Many areas lost power because of the heavy snow on trees and powerlines, and many of the roads didn't get plowed. Then the big FREEZE came. Today it's 13 degrees and everything is solid ice! Because it warmed up a bit yesterday the deep snow has compacted down to just a few inches in spots, but it is SOLID! Jeff just had to use an axe to dig out his truck that had been blocked in by the snow plows and Max actually had to crawl on his hands and knees to get to the center of the yard. We have a Birthday party up on the hill behind us today and I'm hoping we can make it up there!!!

2 comments:

Being Mrs Miles said...

Congrats to your Dad and thanks for sharing your photos... we are prac - tickally neighbors, according to Lisa, as I live just across the border in beautiful Osoyoos, BC. Me and my DH are highly envious of you living so close to Ranchos Chicos... please have a tamale for us when you go... I look forward to visiting you here often.

Barb

Sondie said...

Cool candle holder! Thanks for sharing that with us!

Congratulations to your dad as well! Wow! 41 years at the same job??? I've been at my present place for 6 and I still can't believe it!